Friday, June 29, 2012

Update: All that work for nothing

So, after nearly 3 years of silence and 4 years of regular posting, I figured I would drop in to explain what has happened since the marathon. This stuff goes up on the web and just sits there. I am guessing people have stumbled upon it and wondered "What the hell happened to that guy?" Well, I didn't do a triathlon, I didn't cross country ski, I just slowly got fat again and ran a total of 0 times. As of May 1st, 2011, I was 240 pounds again. I was traveling to Los Angeles at the beginning of June, and my sister's wedding was in September, so I decided that I was going to try and adjust my diet and try and lose weight. I basically followed the ABS Diet, eating small meals often and very little sugar. At the beginning of 2012, I started some weight training and cardio, and in about February I spoke with a friend who was thinking of running Grandmas Marathon. I decided that I would do the same. So, the last 4 months have been training, and completing, another marathon. I had lofty goals, less than 4 hours, but I ended up finishing in 4:39 minutes. It was much harder than the first marathon, but I think I just started too fast. Long story short, I have now done two marathons and my weight right now is 170. I am not sure what I am going to do next. I still want to do the Vasaloppet, but last year there was so little snow I couldn't train. I am sure Mother Nature will more than make up for it next year.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Look who showed up on my blog reader. Yay! I was truly excited to see that you ran another marathon, not to mention your success with weight loss. Wow! Great job. If you really want to be cool, you should get some roller skiis for training for the Vasaloppet. Or just run around with poles with rubber stoppers on the end. Ha!