Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Week Nineteen: Monday

Brother of Fat Guy and I hit the road at about 8:30 to do 5 miles and I thought that if I had him with me that I would not be as terrified running through those woods as I was last time. I was very wrong. I start to imagine that the worst part of all the horror movies that I love so dearly are all going to transpire at once. This includes the scene in Friday the 13th with Kevin Bacon and since my brother is the only other person with me, the image is doubly horrifying.

It wasn't a great run, but any run is better than no run. At about the 2 ¼ mark my legs started to get a little weird and I had to go potty. I went potty and we walked for 10 minutes, or about a half mile, and then ran the rest of the route. I wish I wouldn’t have had to walk, but the running long distances after stopping is always encouraging. We finished in 59 minutes. This was roughly our half marathon pace.

No comments: