Friday, September 12, 2008

Week Twenty One: Thursday

Didn’t run. I have not felt any uncomfortableness with the foot since I ran on Tuesday. Oh, and yes. I know uncomfortableness ain’t a word.

I plan on taking another shot at it on Saturday. Nothing long, just a test run. For these last 3 weeks I am going to try and stick to the program religiously so I can make sure I am prepared for this. The pamphlet I need with all the information for the marathon came on Thursday and this marathon thing is really going to happen. I guess I never doubted that the marathon itself would never happen; I have doubted whether or not I would be a part of it.

My goal is to not have to get on the bus that picks up people who are not going fast enough. I didn’t pay $100 to ride a bus. Actually, I did, but that was to take the bus to work. I paid $100 to run from Minneapolis to St. Paul.

I am having a real dilemma as to whether or not I should utilize a free pace team thing they have. As I understand it, they have people that will run the marathon at a pace that you chose and then they lead a group to ensure they finish at this pace. That doesn’t make much sense probably. If you want to finish in 5 hours, for example, you sign up for the 5 hour group and a dude leads you and other to run at a pace that is ideal for finishing in 5 hours.

On the one hand I think this would be a good thing. I would be in a group and not have to worry about monitoring my own pacing.

On the other, it would kind of be like spending 4 months training, mostly alone, and then relying on someone else to help me finish.

I need you folks to help me decide. Please vote in the poll.

No comments: