Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week Twenty One: Wednesday

I made an attempt to go out on Tuesday because I knew that I would not have time on Wednesday. I was actually looking forward to getting out and clearing my mind of everything except how much I hate running. I was going to try and do Five to ease back into it. After a quarter mile it was obvious that the weird ankle pain that I developed during the 20 mile was not just a passing injury. It is not painful, just a dull ache. If I would have been running the marathon, I would have run with it. However, I am so close to finishing this thing that if I injure myself seriously I may lose my mind.

I have made the decision that I am going to take it easy for a little bit. I am not going to run the 20 mile on Saturday and hopefully pick up the training program next week. I cannot find anything online that explains the injury specifically. I have a feeling that it is not a big deal and if I don’t run on it a couple days that I should be fine.

I am a little disappointed not doing this last 20 mile. The training program was set up so that at the end of this week I would do the 20 mile and that is the longest run. I am very glad that I have the distance under my belt, but if I would have done it twice I would be all the more confident. Plus there is just something that is very satisfying about knowing that you had run 20 miles before 1pm that day. It is like the day is so much longer because everything that you do after that is bonus. Hell, I hadn’t run 20 miles total in my life up until May of this year. Wait. I guess you run around a lot as a kid. Let’s say from ages 13-33. That is an even 20 years.

I will still post, so sit by your computer to be entertained by the blog of a guy blogging about training for a marathon who isn’t actually training due to a minor injury.

Oh, you thought I forgot, didn’t you? I kind of wish I had. Weight Time!

I weighted in at 206. That is a 5 pound loss from last month. A little disappointing, but since I just started a new diet a week ago I am hoping that will help this along. I weighed myself after the 20 mile and I was 201. I was really jazzed about that. I was also really dehydrated. The total is now 35 pounds.

No comments: