Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week Twenty-Two: Tuesday

What the hell Fat Guy? Tuesday? This should be the Monday post. Every other time you have run a day late you have posted under the heading of the day that you should have run? What gives?

- An angry imagined blog reader

Dear angry Imagined blog reader –

Let me start by saying that you seem like a very attractive, intelligent person. Let me explain. TCM is on a Sunday. The training program has me running my long runs on Saturdays. In an attempt to get into the groove of running on Sundays, I am going to adjust the program so that I run Tuesday, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.

Fat Guy

So, in honor of screwing with my program, I decided to screw with my routine even more and run in some uncharted territory – The Lakes. Now, when one says “The Lakes” in the Twin Cities, no one questions what you are talking about. Calhoun, of the Isles, and Harriett. Mrs. Fat Guy picked me up from work and we went down to Harriett. My plan was to run around twice. On the second time around when I caught up with Mrs. Fat Guy I would walk with her and pride and joy. I made it around once without stopping, but I had to stop at about 27 minutes. I think that I was going pretty fast because I believe it is 2.6 miles once around. I walked for 3, and then since I was on my second lap I kept pushing myself because I thought Mrs. Fat Guy would be right around the corner. Not so.

I may have done 5 miles, it may have been less. I was out for 55 minutes. I was weaving in and out of people which increased my pace I think. I walked for a total of about 10 of those minutes. I am going to have to really monitor my pace for this marathon.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading, and I wish you luck on October 5! I was just telling J how I still check out your blog. Best of luck to both of you!

-Mrs. Dre

Fat guy who ran a marathon said...

Jen-

Thanks for wasting your time reading this garbage. It makes my wasting my time writing it all the more worthwhile.

Tell your husband that I will get in touch with him sometime next week to plan our date to the prerace festivities. I promise that I will be respectful, but if we are both carb-loading by eating spaghetti and it ends up like Lady and the Tramp I cannot be held responsible.

-Inferior Jason