Monday, September 29, 2008

Week Twenty Three: Sunday

I was up at the cabin this weekend and was planning on running 9 miles on the Soo Line trail from Isle to Onamia. The logistics of doing this were way to complicated so I just set off from the cabin and was going to run to Father Hennepin State Park. I started running and abandoned that plan when I realized I would have to run along the Highway. I think I traveled a total of 4 miles and walked somewhere around a mile. Not a great day, but I excuse myself because at this point I am spending most of my time trying not to get injured or sick. This means telling co-workers to stay away from me and not doing anything strenuous. I feel like the only thing keeping me from doing this at this point is some unforeseen variable. Oh, and the fact that I am still overweight and I only started running 4 months ago. That too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

History repeats itself. Try and you succeed. Never doubt that you're the one and you can have your dream. You're the best around! Nothing's gonna ever keep you down!

Fat guy who ran a marathon said...

Thanks Kid. That is very inspirational, especially from someone who braved those scary skeleton kids.

Jack Burton said...

Good luck on Sunday, man. Reading through all the posts make me really think that running is like, hard, such as. As I sit here smoking a cigarette and contemplating the long walk(100 feet) to check my mail I can only say that what you are doing is quite impressive. You the man, dog.
Tony