Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Week Nine: Wednesday

Since it has been 4 weeks since the last weight posting I owe you folks an update. If I owe you an update, you owe me a mental drum roll.

(begin mental drum roll now….)

228 lbs. You looked ahead. Shame on you.

That is 5 pounds dropped since the last weight post a month ago and a total of 13 dropped.

I am a little disappointed because I really have been trying to adjust what I have been eating. However, it is really not all that surprising because the first 4 weeks I went from little physical activity to some physical activity. The last 4 weeks I have stepped it up according to the program, but it still wasn’t that much considering the weight I need to lose.

I am going to stick to the salads and soups, but instead of Buffalo Chicken Salads I will need to try more dinner salads and I really need to start having more than coffee for breakfast. If I can get used to some fruit for breakfast and a light lunch and dinner I should see a much sharper weight loss when I mix it with the program of running 3 miles 2 days a week plus and increasingly longer amount of running on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

I actually ran 4 miles today. That seriously blows my mind. I know that I am going to struggle down the line when I need to increase my distance by a mile every Wednesday and Saturday, but I am really going to see if I can keep up.

I did the 4 miles in 44 minutes and then I mowed the lawn as a cool down. If I had had the patience I could map the distance I walked mowing my lawn. That really sounds like a waste of time.

No comments: