Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Week Eleven: Monday

Sorry for the radio silence. I actually would have posted last Thursday and Saturday on Sunday and the Monday post earlier but I hit a little snag in the program.

On Sunday I woke up and went to go to work around the house. I started to have a pain in the arch of my left foot. The longer I stood on it the more it irritated me. It got worse over the course of the day and was shooting up to my ankle.

I had hoped that Monday morning it would be fine and I would be able to run and when it wasn't I started to get really bummed. I am very motivated to run this stupid marathon. If I have to crawl the damn thing I will but I would like to be upright if possible. I was concerned that I had really screwed up my foot.

The other kicker is that I am only a month into my job and I didn't have insurance until July 2nd. I worried that if I posted about a foot problem that it would be considered an existing condition or something. This is important because I am pretty sure that every health care professional in Minnesota reads this blog. Has anyone considered making a special font for sarcasm?

Since I can't lie to you folks but I can lie to a doctor, I wanted to let you know that I did not run Monday because it would have possibly made things worse and I am probably not going to run Wednesday either. I am posting this on Wednesday and my foot is like 90% better. There is a little soreness but other than that I think I have recovered. I want to give it some time to make sure that I do not aggravate it again.

For those of you that are saying to yourselves "That fatass is just looking for and excuse to quit" you are half right.

I really want to give up on the not drinking pledge. I am looking for any excuse to quit that part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about getting a reflexology session to help your foot problems??