Thursday, July 03, 2008

Week Eleven: Thursday

If you thought gangsta’ runnin’ was the ultimate in musical genre based marathon training, think again.

I tried out a radical new genre that adds a whole new element. Bluegrass.

I originally thought that it would be great because the tempo is like a 1000 bpm. Playing the banjo only has one speed with is second only to death metal. (Note to self: Run to Death Metal) This was great during the up-tempo songs. Plus, I run along railroad tracks and when listening to that music it is easy to imagine that you are being chased down by a posse of train engineers that are mad at you for hopping on their trains. The leader of the posse is particularly mad at you because you bedded his wife back in Gary, Indiana. This is only a portion of the elaborate tale I concocted.

The only downside is that when you hit a slow Bluegrass song it is sooooo slow. I like to slow it down for slow songs and all but I would have to walk backward for some of these. Plus then I look at things form that conductor’s point of view and I feel guilty for bedding his wife.

My foot was at like 99% and I felt like I should at least try run 3. I ran 2 in a little less than 20 minutes and then decided to walk one just in case. My foot was a little sore after I started walking but not so much that I could talk myself out of running the third mile. I figure I traveled more than 4 miles in 48 minutes, walking one mile. I feel like this was pretty good for the reintroduction.

No comments: