Sunday, July 27, 2008

Week Fourteen: Saturday

Saturday was a big day in Fat Guy training. I had to run 11 miles. Now, I knew full well that I was not going to actually RUN 11 miles, but I was going to do the best I could. The little one woke us up at a little before 7 and after tending to her I decided that I had better get this over with. I went on to the computer to Map My Run.com and looked for an 11 mile running route in the area. After about a half hour of searching I decided that I would just run the 4 mile route I know a couple times. I do not want to carry a map along with me when I run.

So, at about 7:45 I slapped band-aids over my nipples and headed out. I ran the first 2 miles and then quit which is really starting to bother me. I have gone 4 miles before so why it is so difficult to run even 3 these days is confusing me. I am hoping it is because I have been out of the game and that I can get back up to 4 soon. I then walked 2, ran 2, walked like 3 and walked/ran the last two. All in all the run took me 2 hours 35 minutes. This was ok, but it knocked me back down to reality about this whole thing. If I would have been running that marathon I don’t know how long I could have run for the remaining 15.2 miles. My guess is I would have had to walk most of it.

No comments: