Sunday, July 27, 2008

Week Fourteen: Thursday

I didn’t run this Thursday. I had started that workout program on Tuesday and that mixed with the running on Wednesday made my legs worthless. I was going to walk the four miles but I decided since I didn’t have to work on Friday that I would spend the night bonding with the family by going to the place that all newborns want to go. The Drive-in.

Now, I don’t know how often you folks have been to the drive in recently but it has changed from a seemingly family friendly atmosphere to an awesome post-apocalyptic party zone. The best thing I can compare it to is the parking lot of a Grateful Dead show. I am pretty sure there are as many drugs floating around the drive in as at a dead show.

Despite the rad party crowd, the wife and I enjoyed the new Batman movie. Veronica, on the other hand, thought it was a snooze-fest. She slept for the entire time. I guess when you aren’t facing the screen there isn’t much else to do.

No comments: