Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week Fourteen: Monday

I had my first running date today and much like my prom date it was a relative.

My brother decided to tag along with me. I was glad to have the extra motivation to actually start running again. He got to the house around 5 and took off. Unfortunately it was so hot around this time that I thought it was possible I was going to die.

My brother is in way better shape than me and has run in the past off and on so I felt bad that he had to trot along with me. He tried to make conversation at first but my monosyllabic answers deterred him from talking pretty quickly.

We ended up going 2 miles without stopping and I was so hot and winded I had to walk a mile. When it is that hot out the recovery time is so much longer. After a mile we started running again and I lasted another quarter mile before I had to stop again.

I forgot to start my watch, but we were gone almost exactly and hour. Not so bad considering the heat and that I hadn’t run in almost 2 weeks.

The important part is that I am writing this Tuesday after work and so far the foot has no sign of return pain. I am cautiously optimistic that maybe I am healed.

No comments: