Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Week Fourteen: Wednesday

Despite my fear of the bats conspiring against me, I ran at 8:30 tonight to try and manage the heat. It was better but it turns out that running makes you sweat no matter what time of day you do it. Weird, huh?

I was really sore from my new workout program yesterday. Particularly in my butt region. I say “in my butt region” because anyone who knows me knows that I DO NOT HAVE AN BUTT. I am one of those unfortunate individuals that were born without a butt. It was no good when I was skinny, but now that I am fat it is totally exaggerated. I have to wear pants that fit around my gut and there is a huge chasm where one’s butt would be. I really would have made a good drug mule with all that empty space back there. It also leads to my pants being pushed down in front when I am bending over resulting in a plumber’s crack despite my complete lack of butt.

Not sure where I was going with that. Just thought you might want to know. Oh, and to save you the trouble of checking me out.

The run was not all that successful. I still only could go about 2 miles before crapping out. I walked a mile, ran a mile, and then due to severe nipple chaffing I walked the last mile. I seriously thought that my Melrose Place shirt would serve me well, but alas, much like Kimberly when she blew up the compound, it was out to get me.

The 5 miles I traveled took me just shy of one hour. This was an improvement from Monday. I really want to get back to running 4 miles in straight but I may need to work back into that.

No comments: