Monday, July 28, 2008

Week Fifteen: Monday

My eating choices are severely restricted due to this dumb diet. Since I had a salad for lunch, I really wanted something that is actually solid. Since we do not generally have thawed meat at the drop of a hat, I was forced to make due with cheddarwurst. I poked a couple holes in those badboys, nuked ‘em, laid down a huge pile of mustard and sat down for my feast. I split one in half and bit into the thing….. and got an eyeful of piping hot cheddar juice. My first response was to scream and reject the object attacking me, which meant throwing a plate full of mustard and bratwurst to the ground onto the rug. So I am screaming, the rug is ruined, and all I have to show for my meal is a burn scar above my left eye. The cool thing is that because it was made by a cheddarwursts, the scar is in the shape of Brett Favre. And that scar is wearing a Vikings jersey.

I went out with my bother again today and although I had ever intention of running further than 2 miles before walking for a little bit, I couldn’t. I am thinking that it is due to the heat and my change in diet. I ain’t giving up the diet just yet, but if this crap continues I may need more energy. The one thing that I know that I should do and haven’t is to make sure that I am well hydrated before the run.

We ended up running 2 miles in 21 minutes, then walking about a half mile, then running about a mile, then walking, then desperately running to try and finish in 48 minutes, then totally crashing and having to walk. All in all it took us 50 minutes to do the 4 miles.

There were encouraging parts, but this two mile wall I keep hitting sucks.

No comments: