Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week Thirteen: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday

As you may have guessed from the lack of posts and the heading of this one that I am going to totally screw the readers of this blog by posting 3 training days at once and admit that I have done absolutely nothing.

Early in the week I had every intention of going on that stupid elliptical machine but I just have not had the time or energy. I knew that this would be a challenge with the new one in the house, but it is actually the foot problem that has kept me inactive. That being said, I was good about what I ate until the weekend came and I ate the worst crap I could shove in my body. Ice cream cake? Hell yes! Mountain Dew? Why not six!

I could use the excuse that it was Mrs. Fat Guy’s birthday so going out and cake are part of the equation but I do not want to make excuses even though by mentioning her birthday I actually was making an excuse.

The reason that I am motivated to get back on track is that although I did not run for a while and was eating really crappy food when Veronica was born I still lost some weight for the month. Wednesday’s post would have typically included my weight, which was 224. That is 4 pounds less than last time and a total of 17 pounds.

Monday I am going to hit the road and try and run 3 miles. The foot has been feeling great but I have been walking around barefoot and not doing the exercises so I may be in trouble. If the foot acts up again I will deal with that. I am also going to stick to that TNT diet/weight training program.

Thanks for sticking with this and I promise that I will be more attentive to it. Someone asked me what is different with the new roommate. My reply was that it is strange having something that is your entire focus. I think that I can manage my time/energy better because it is very important to me to finish that marathon.

No comments: