Monday, May 19, 2008

Week Five: Monday

Alright. I am really not trying to turn this into some sort of clearinghouse for bizarre rants about birds and flying mammal’s alliances in an imagined bitter rivalry. However, I received a call today from a friend, Leslie, who was telling another friend, Brent, about being chased by wild turkeys while running in Coon Rapids and he mentioned my last entry.

First she said that she was chased for like 3 miles but then she took it down to a quarter mile. Knowing that Leslie exaggerates, it was 1/8 mile. That is still way too long to be chased by turkeys. I had a feeling in my gut about those turkeys and this just proves that I am correct:

Turkeys are against runners.

Ran my 20 minutes. Went probably a little less than 2 miles. The right knee started to get sore again so I am going to have to do something about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I just finished reading the Turkey blog and I would like to include that not only was I mercilessly chased for 10 miles by these turkeys but they totally ignored this freak riding right past them on one of those reclining bicycles. Further proof that Turkeys much like bicyclists are in league with the devil.