Friday, May 16, 2008

Week Four: Thursday

I guess it was inevitable. My first disappointing post.

Only ran 12 minutes and a little over a mile. Although I did accomplish what the training program said to do, which is 35 minutes walk/run, this was kind of a setback. Here is my list of excuses:

1. I ate a plate of spaghetti for dinner
2. I drank a vodka coke with dinner. It was poured for me. If I would have been asked I would have turned it down but there was no way that when it was sitting in front of me I was going to reject that.
3. I helped my friend move furniture after dinner.
4. My right knee and thigh are a sore and I am kind of worried about doing long term damage.
5. I started to get a mild side ache.
6. I ran at like 8:50 and it was dark and scary and I saw a boatload of bats. They were 15 feet above my head, but they are still scary. I am pretty sure that they are in cahoots with the bicyclists. Eagles are on the side of the runners, Bats are on the side of the cyclists. Remember that.
7. There were high school kids playing volleyball in the dark at the park. That just didn’t sit right with me. They either really love volleyball or were up to no good. When I was in high school and went to that park I was always up to no good. I assumed they were as well.
8. Lost was on. How in the hell do you expect me to concentrate on running when I am thinking about Lost?

Now that B.S. excuse time is over, I am going to suck it up, buy a knee brace, and make you folks proud on Saturday.

No comments: