Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week Three: Saturday

Is this what I have been missing all these years? Woke up and ran at 8 am. Do you people know what happens at 8 am? There are roving bicyclist gangs all over the f’n place. I saw like 4 groups of more than 5. All shapes and sizes with one thing in common: spandex. And let me tell you in some cases it was not pretty. Why the hell do they feel the need to where such god-awful colors? It almost seems that when you buy the bike it must whisper to you “Buy clothes that make you look like you are the screen behind the band at a late 60’s Jefferson Airplane concert.” My hope is that it is so that they are seen by cars. My guess is that it is so they can be seen on Google Earth.

You may be able to tell there is some venom about bicyclists. Why? Well, I want the other runners to be my brethren and things are much more fun when you have an enemy. My chosen enemies are bicyclists. Their bikes do all the damn work, they wear ridiculous clothes and helmets, and they travel in packs.

I also saw an Eagle. That was cool. He/She is not my enemy and I am pretty sure the eagle hates the bicyclists as well.

I decided to run to music today. Turned out to be a great decision. Started with Never Aim to Please by Bash and Pop, Then Time for Livin’ by Beastie Boys, Jackson Cannery and then One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces by Ben Folds Five, Then a lovely little ditty by the Dwarves titled Back Seat of my Car, and then finally, and this was orchestrated, Don’t Stop by Fleetwood Mac since I always do whatever Christine McVie tells me to.

This ended at more than a mile and a half and 16 minutes running. Walked a little more than ¾ miles and ran another ¼ mile home for a total of 35 minutes. This renewed vigor was due to the most incredible logo that Chris on the creative team at work came up with. I hope to have it posted on Monday. Since no one will read this posting I am sure that no one will care.

No comments: