Thursday, May 08, 2008

Week Three: Thursday

Kind of a weird session. I started running and was at it for about 1 ½ minutes and my pants started falling down and I screwed up my ipod and stopped to fix both. Because I had stopped I decided to walk down to a specific point about ¾ miles further so I could somewhat accurately gauge my run distance. I got there and started running and ended up going about a mile and a ¼ in 12 minutes. This was both a distance and time record for me. Honestly, the only thing keeping me going was the idea of posting to this stupid blog a failure.

If I follow this strategy in the TCM I would walk the first 7 miles or so. That may be kind of weird. Or genius. But probably just weird.

I didn’t run on the back end because my legs were sore. Sorry excuse I know but I am improving, damn it. Saturday I need to run 15 minutes on the front end and any back end running is bonus.

I cannot figure out if I should be inspired when I see a 60+ year old out running or if I should be pissed. My gut response is to get pissed because I hate him/her for being in better shape than me. It is my gut responses that have gotten me in the physical condition in the first place. Being angry at physically fit people really doesn’t seem fair. I am going to try the “If they can do it, I can do it!” attitude.

Is that a poster already? Someone call Succesories.

No comments: