Saturday, May 31, 2008

Week Six: Thursday

How’s this to mess with your mind?

I had a Happy Hour on Thursday. I know, if you read the letter from a week or two back you would think that that ship has sailed. However, Friday was my last day at Hot Dish and there is no way I was not going to do Happy Hour with those folks. I will really miss Hot Dish and everyone working there and although I am excited about my new job, it was really hard to say goodbye. Soooo, because I didn’t want to run on Thursday after drinking because it sounds kind of unholy plus I really wanted to see the Lost season finale, I am officially changing Thursday to Saturday, Saturday to Sunday and then I will be back on track.

Why didn’t I run on Friday? Well, because I had to rewatch Lost. Duh.

Please don’t use my training schedule as an excuse to not go in to work on Monday and tell your boss on Tuesday “Hey, Fat Guy said that Saturday was Sunday so Monday was Sunday dude. Deal with it.”

The Thursday/Saturday run was pretty good. I ran my 25 minutes. I don’t think I got quite as far as the last couple times. I think it might be due to the fact that I ran at like 10 am and it was getting hot out. It is hard to keep the pace I would like when you get exhausted from the heat. Speaking from exhausted from the heat, I need to get David Lee Roth’s “Crazy from the Heat”. That is some runnin’ music.

No comments: