Thursday, May 01, 2008

Week Two: Wednesday

I tried a new route. It is on the same path that I was running on next to some railroad tracks. I just follow it across a street that I was hesitant to cross before because it is kind of a pain in the ass.

I ended up running for 5 ½ minutes. It was about .62 miles. I was kind of disappointed in myself. I also managed to get a new battery in my watch with a timer so these measurements will be more accurate than relying on how much of The American Life, The Savage Love podcast, SModcast, The Transmission or the Official Lost Podcast I had listen to on the ipod.

Part of my problem was that I had never actually faced an incline/decent before. I hit the downhill portion and had trouble managing my speed and could not handle the uphill portion.

On the way back since I was so disappointed in myself I mustered up the strength to run a half mile in 4.5 minutes. It was brutal, but I felt pretty good about running more than a mile and for 10 minutes during this session.

As I was walking back home I saw a dude that I have seen once before. He is walking down the tracks with a beer and a cigarette and his dog. I really want to do some sort of a Freaky Friday/18 again/Vice Versa with that dude.

No comments: