Thursday, May 08, 2008

Week Three: Wednesday

Well, the shoe paranoia got the best of me and I went to the Running Room in Maple Grove and explained to the saleswoman that I needed some shoes that would keep my knees from being ruined by my giant upper half. After a grueling test, knee bends, she determined that I did not pronate. Thank God. I tried a couple pairs on and ended up with the Mizuno Wave Rider 11s. I have no idea whether or not they are good but they were relatively expensive and they felt good. Thanks for helping me blonde woman with really light blue eyes. Sorry I forgot your name.

I daydreamed that the new shoes would be just the extra kick I needed. I was wrong. I only ran 7 minutes 45 seconds. It was .85 miles. I then felt pretty guilty so after walking a half mile I ran another 2 minutes then walked a little more than a ¼ mile and then ran a ¼ mile in 2.5 minutes.

All in all it was a little bit disappointing, but I ended up walking an extra 15 minutes with the dog after the initial 35 minutes for a total of 50 minutes.

I am going to have to really step it up tomorrow if I am going to be able to keep up with the program.

No comments: