Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week Six: Monday

I consider this run one of my biggest victories since I ran three minutes that first run. I have to up the time running this week to 25 minutes. That isn’t where the victory came in. I was hung-over after a night of hard drinking at my friend Ann’s birthday party that coincided with a visit from Brent and Lisa from L.A. Those two factors plus the fact that my wife is sober cab, err I mean pregnant, made it the perfect booze storm. I woke up with a headache so bad that I was pretty sure that I had pulled a muscle in my brain. The worst part was that I was stuck in this horrible cycle of look for aspirin/hurts too much to look for aspirin for about an hour.

Never found that aspirin but did find the fortitude to actually go running. It was much later in the day after God forgave me and cured me of my headache. Due to my missing Saturday and the poor treatment of my body the night before, I was determined to run my 25 minutes. I did it. I am not sure the distance but it was further than ever before. The reason I am so proud is because I really considered using the holiday weekend as an excuse not to run. I overcame my love of sitting in front of the TV. This time.

No comments: