Friday, May 23, 2008

Week Five: Thursday

If someone ever say to you “Hey, you should come to a kindergarten graduation!” do not go under the impression that it is like a high school or college graduation. After my nephew’s graduation that I went to on Thursday I learned that there was going to be absolutely no booze afterwards. And since I am trying to avoid sweets and the only thing available were cookies, I suggest hitting the bar before the ceremony. I guess a flask would also suffice.

My inner Simon Cowell kept thinking that the musical performance was karaokeish and unoriginal. I did like the slides they had each of the kids holding up signs of what they wanted to be when they grew up. One kid said “worker”, which made me think he was in 1950’s Communist Russia and another’s said “Tow Truck driver” which I admired. You see some of the kids said “Superhero”, but I feel like when your car is stuck on the side of the freeway, a tow truck driver IS a super hero. My nephew said “Fire Fidr” and I thought he should team up with kid that said “Fire Truk Drivr”. I guess they have some time to work on that relationship.

After the graduation I had a nice run. I am getting a little sketchy on distances, but I ran the 20 minutes and I even reset the timer because I was going to keep going. I stopped after 20 seconds though because it is discouraging when I don’t improve so I want to make sure those times when I manage to keep going don’t make the times when I struggle seem like failures.

No comments: