Sunday, May 18, 2008

Week Four: Saturday

Over the last couple days I have learned some information regarding the loyalties of birds in the great Biker vs. Runners battle.

Turkeys are definitely on the side of the Bicyclists. They are mean and I am scared of them which is all the proof I need. There was a petting zoo in a parking lot by work (I have no idea either) and there were kids in the vicinity of the turkeys. I saw a turkey violently peck near a child and a dad had to come between the turkey and the kid. The two obvious questions are “Why the hell would you let a kid near a turkey?” and “What the hell is a turkey doing in a petting zoo?” The only answer I can come up with is “Because”

At first I thought that woodpeckers were on the side of the bicyclists as well. There is one in a tree outside our window that is driving me insane. I was to the point that I was angry that I had ever enjoyed a Woody Woodpecker cartoon. However, Saturday morning I was not in the mood to get up but that woodpecker was making it impossible to get back to sleep. It was exactly the motivation I needed to get up and run. The Lord and woodpeckers work in mysterious ways.

The run went well. I ran 20 minutes and about 2 miles. Not breaking any records. My legs were sore so I didn’t run on the back end and got home after 35 minutes.

This next week I need to run 20 minutes every session. I know that it is physically possible to do so I should be ok. I need to try and get the sore leg thing under control. My hope is to make sure that I am running at least 2 miles and try to tack on a minute or two towards the end of the week so that when it gets bumped up to 25 it is not such a shock.

No comments: